High Wych, Hertfordshire
Wych, High, an ecclesiastical parish, with a village, in Sawbridgeworth parish, Herts, 1½ mile WSW of Harlow station on the G.E.R. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1861, and its post town is Sawbridgeworth. Population, 875. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans; net value, £300 with residence. Patron, the Vicar of Sawbridgeworth. The church was built in 1861, and is a building of flint and stone in the Early English style.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Hertfordshire is online.
Online maps of High Wych are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Hertfordshire newspapers online:
- Hertford Mercury and Reformer
- Herts Guardian, Agricultural Journal, and General Advertiser
- Watford Observer
The Visitations of Hertfordshire, 1572 and 1634. Edited by Walter C. Metcalfe, F.S.A. is available on the Heraldry page.