Hare Street (Buntingford), Hertfordshire
Hare Street, a village 2 miles E from Buntingford, partly in Little Hormed and partly in Layston parishes, Herts. There is a Wesleyan chapel. Ironfounding and brickmaking are carried on.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Hertfordshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Hertfordshire newspapers online:
- Hertford Mercury and Reformer
- Herts Guardian, Agricultural Journal, and General Advertiser
- Watford Observer
The Visitations of Hertfordshire, 1572 and 1634. Edited by Walter C. Metcalfe, F.S.A. is available on the Heraldry page.