Croxley Green, Hertfordshire
Croxley Green, a hamlet and ecclesiastical parish formed in 1872 from the civil parishes of Watford and Rickmansworth, Herts, 3 miles W from Watford, and about half a mile NE from Rickmansworth station on the L. & N.W.R. and Metropolitan railway, with a post, money order, and telegraph office under Rickmansworth (R.S.O.) The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans; net yearly value, £261 with residence in the gift of the Vicar of Rickmansworth. The church, erected in 1871-72, is a building of Bath stone in the Early English style. There is a Primitiv& Methodist chapel.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Hertfordshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Hertfordshire newspapers online:
- Hertford Mercury and Reformer
- Herts Guardian, Agricultural Journal, and General Advertiser
- Watford Observer
The Visitations of Hertfordshire, 1572 and 1634. Edited by Walter C. Metcalfe, F.S.A. is available on the Heraldry page.