Pembridge Castle, Herefordshire
Pembridge Castle, a quondam castle on the S border of Herefordshire, 4½ miles NNW of Monmouth. It belonged in the time of Henry III. to the Cantilupes, and passed to the Pyes and others. In the Civil War it was garrisoned for the king, and taken by Colonel Massie in 1644.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Herefordshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Pembridge Castle are available from a number of sites: