UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

Church Dilwyn, Herefordshire

Historical Description

Dilwyn or Church Dilwyn, a village and a parish in Herefordshire. The village stands 2½ miles NNE of Weobly, and 3 SSE of Pembridge station on the G.W.R., and has a post and money order office (R.S.O.); telegraph office, Weobly. The parish comprises 6423 acres; population of the civil parish, 1062; of the ecclesiastical, 913. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford; gross value, £406 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Hereford. The church is partly Early English and partly Perpendicular and Decorated, and was restored in 1867. There are two Primitive Methodist chapels.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Herefordshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Herefordshire newspapers online: