Lower Clatford, Hampshire
Clatford-Goodworth or Lower Clatford, a parish in Hants, on the L. & S.W.R., 69 miles from London, and 2 S of Andover. It is situated on the river Anton, a tributary of the Test, 1 mile from their confluence, and is resorted to for trout fishing. It includes the tithing of Goodworth, and has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Andover. Acreage, 2822; population, 501. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester; value, £195. The church is interesting.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Hampshire (County Southampton) is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Hampshire newspapers online:
- Portsmouth Evening News
- Hampshire Telegraph
- Hampshire Advertiser
- Hampshire Chronicle
- Aldershot Military Gazette
The Visitations of Hampshire, 1530, 1575, & 1622-34 is available to view on the Heraldry page.