Hyde or Hyde Common, Hampshire
Hyde or Hyde Common, a chapelry in Fordingbridge parish, Hants, adjacent to Wilts and to the New Forest, 4 miles NNE of Fordingbridge station on the L. & S.W.R., and 10¼ N by E of Eingwood. It was constituted in 1855, and its post town is Fordingbridge, under Salisbury. Population of the ecclesiastical district, 828. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester; value, £200 with residence. The church is good. There is a Congregational chapel.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Hampshire (County Southampton) is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Hampshire newspapers online:
- Portsmouth Evening News
- Hampshire Telegraph
- Hampshire Advertiser
- Hampshire Chronicle
- Aldershot Military Gazette
The Visitations of Hampshire, 1530, 1575, & 1622-34 is available to view on the Heraldry page.