Radwell, a large hamlet in Felmersham parish, Beds, on the river Ouse, 6 miles NW by N of Bedford, and about 1 mile E of Felmersham. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The register dates from the year 1813.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Radwell from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Bedfordshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Radwell are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Bedfordshire papers online:
- Bedfordshire Times and Independent
- Biggleswade Chronicle
- Luton Times and Advertiser
- Luton News and Bedfordshire Chronicle
A full transcript of the Visitations of Bedfordshire 1566, 1582, and 1634 is available online.