Radwell, a large hamlet in Felmersham parish, Beds, on the river Ouse, 6 miles NW by N of Bedford, and about 1 mile E of Felmersham. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The register dates from the year 1813.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Radwell from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Radwell)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Bedfordshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Radwell are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Bedfordshire papers online:
- Bedfordshire Times and Independent
- Biggleswade Chronicle
- Luton Times and Advertiser
- Luton News and Bedfordshire Chronicle
A full transcript of the Visitations of Bedfordshire 1566, 1582, and 1634 is available online.