Cosham, a village in the parishes of Widley and Wymering, Hants, with a station on the L. & S.W.R., 70 miles from London, and 4 NNE of Portsmouth. It is a neat place, and has an inn, a post, money order, and telegraph office (R.S.O.), and a Baptist chapel.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Hampshire (County Southampton) is available to browse.
Online maps of Cosham are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Hampshire newspapers online:
- Portsmouth Evening News
- Hampshire Telegraph
- Hampshire Advertiser
- Hampshire Chronicle
- Aldershot Military Gazette
The Visitations of Hampshire, 1530, 1575, & 1622-34 is available to view on the Heraldry page.