Buckland Rings, Hampshire
Buckland-Rings, a large ancient earthwork about a mile N of Lymington, in Hants. It forms an irregular circle, has a deep trench, a double vallum, and additional strong outworks, and probably was British. Oak and holly now cover the trench.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Hampshire (County Southampton) is available to browse.
Online maps of Buckland Rings are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)