Bistern and Crow, Hampshire
Bistern and Crow, a tithing in Ringwood parish, Hants, 1 mile SE of Ringwood, which is the post town. It forms a curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Ringwood.
The register of marriages dates from the year 1864; baptisms and burials from 1874.
Church of England
The church of St. Paul, erected in 1842 by the late John Mills esq. is an edifice of brick with stone dressings in the Gothic style, consisting of chancel and nave and a western turret containing one bell: the east and west windows are stained: an organ was presented in 1901, given by the late Rev. Cecil Mills M.A.: there are 200 sittings.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Hampshire (County Southampton) is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Hampshire newspapers online:
- Portsmouth Evening News
- Hampshire Telegraph
- Hampshire Advertiser
- Hampshire Chronicle
- Aldershot Military Gazette
The Visitations of Hampshire, 1530, 1575, & 1622-34 is available to view on the Heraldry page.