St Saviour, Guernsey
Saviour, St, a parish in Guernsey, 3½ miles WSW of St Peter Port. Post town, Guernsey. Acreage, 1754; population, 916. The surface is diversified with little hamlets, pretty walks, and undulating scenery. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester; net value, £130 with residence. Patron, the Crown. The church was built in 1154. A priory was founded in 1114, and has left some remains. There is also an ancient chapel, called St Apoline, with a vaulted roof, the only chapel of its kind in the island, St Brelades being in Jersey, but there were many prior to the Reformation. St Apoline was long used as a barn, but it has been purchased by the States of Guernsey, and is visited by many interested in archaeology.