St Pierre du Bois, or St Peter in the Wood, Guernsey
Pierre-du-Bois, St, or St Peter-in-the Wood, a village and a parish in the SW of Guernsey. The village stands 5 miles SW of St Peter Port, and is a pretty place, with a village green. Post town, Guernsey. The parish comprises 1662 acres; population, 1322. Not a vestige of a wood, notwithstanding the name of the parish, is to be seen. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester; gross value, £140 with residence. Patron, the Crown. The church consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower, and is one of the finest of the country churches in the island. There is a Wesleyan chapel and also an endowed parochial school.