UK Genealogy Archives logo

St Andrew, Guernsey

Historical Description

Andrew, St, a parish in Guernsey, 2 miles WSW of St Peter's Port. It contains a village of the same name. There are some exceedingly pretty houses at St Andrews, including the residences of Vauxbelets, St Helene, and others. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester; net value, —£150. Patron, the Governor. The church is a handsome Gothic edifice, with an embattled tower and a spire. There is a small dissenting chapel embosomed in trees.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5