Whitecroft, a hamlet in Parkend ecclesiastical parish, West Dean township, Gloucestershire, 3 miles N of Lydney, and 5 SE of Coleford. It has a station on the Severn and Wye (M.R. and G.W.R. Joint) railway, and a post and money order omce under Lydney; telegraph office, at the railway station. It is a straggling place. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
The Gloucestershire Parish Registers are available online at Ancestry, in association with Gloucestershire Archives.
The Wesleyan chapel was erected at a cost of £470, on a site given by Mr. T. H. Deakin.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Gloucestershire is available to browse.
Online maps of Whitecroft are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Gloucestershire online:
- Gloucester Citizen
- Gloucester Journal
- Gloucestershire Chronicle
- Gloucestershire Echo
- Cheltenham Chronicle
- Cheltenham Looker-On
The Visitation of the county of Gloucester, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.