UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

Upper and Lower Easton, Gloucestershire

Historical Description

Easton, Upper and Lower, an ecclesiastical parish, in St George and Stapelton parishes, Gloucestershire, in the north-eastern vicinity of Bristol. It was constituted in 1848. Post town, Bristol. Population, 9614. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol; net value, £270 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Gloucester and Bristol. The church consists of chancel, nave, and tower.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Church Records

The Gloucestershire Parish Registers are available online at Ancestry, in association with Gloucestershire Archives.


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Gloucestershire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Gloucestershire online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of the county of Gloucester, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.