Torleton or Tarleton, Gloucestershire
Torleton or Tarleton, a hamlet in Coates and Rodmarton parishes, Gloucestershire, 5 miles W by S of Cirencester. The chapel was restored in 1875 after a long period of disuse.
The Gloucestershire Parish Registers are available online at Ancestry, in association with Gloucestershire Archives.
Church of England
Tarlton chapel is a small and plain but ancient building of stone, consisting of chancel and nave; it was long disused, but was restored in 1875 at the sole cost of the late Miss Gordon. of Kemble, Wilts; the chancel arch, of Norman date, is enriched with zigzag mouldings: there are 100 sittings.
The Wesleyan chapel, erected about 1827, and rebuilt in 1884, has 150 sittings.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Gloucestershire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Gloucestershire online:
- Gloucester Citizen
- Gloucester Journal
- Gloucestershire Chronicle
- Gloucestershire Echo
- Cheltenham Chronicle
- Cheltenham Looker-On
The Visitation of the county of Gloucester, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.