Longford St Catherine, Gloucestershire
Longford St Catherine, a township in Gloucester, St Catherine, and St Mary-de-Lode parishes, Gloucestershire, contiguous to Gloucester city, 1 mile N of Gloucester railway station. It has a post office under Gloucester; money order and telegraph office, Gloucester. Acreage, 907; population, 521. The manor belongs to the Bishop of Gloucester and Bristol. A Roman settlement is supposed to have been here.
The Gloucestershire Parish Registers are available online at Ancestry, in association with Gloucestershire Archives.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Gloucestershire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Gloucestershire online:
- Gloucester Citizen
- Gloucester Journal
- Gloucestershire Chronicle
- Gloucestershire Echo
- Cheltenham Chronicle
- Cheltenham Looker-On
The Visitation of the county of Gloucester, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.