Stoneraise, a hamlet and one of the divisions of Westward parish, Cumberland, 2 miles SSE of Wigton station on the Maryport and Carlisle railway. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Wigton. The parish church is here.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Wigton|
|Ward||Allerdale below Derwent|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Stoneraise from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Stoneraise, with Brocklebank)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cumberland is available to browse.