Horcott, a hamlet in Kempsford parish, Gloucestershire, 2 miles S of Fairford.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Cirencester|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The Gloucestershire Parish Registers are available online at Ancestry, in association with Gloucestershire Archives.
Baptist Mission Hall
St. Thomas of Canterbury
The Catholic chapel, dedicated to St. Thomas of Canterbury, has sittings for 100 persons, and an attached cemetery and presbytery.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Horcott from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Horcutt)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Gloucestershire is available to browse.
Online maps of Horcott are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
The Visitation of the county of Gloucester, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.