Stainton (Stanwix), Cumberland
Stainton, a village in Stanwix parish, Cumberland, on the river Eden, 2 miles NW of Carlisle railway station. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Carlisle. The Earl of Lonsdale is lord of the manor.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Carlisle|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Stainton (Stanwix) from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Stainton)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Stainton (Stanwix) are available from a number of sites: