Frampton or Frampton Mansell, a tithing in Sapperton parish, Gloucestershire, 6 miles NW of Cirencester. It has a chapel of ease to Sapperton parish church, built in 1843.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Cirencester|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The register of St. Kenelm, Sapperton dates from the year 1661.
The Gloucestershire Parish Registers are available online at Ancestry, in association with Gloucestershire Archives.
Church of England
St. Luke's chapel of ease
St. Luke's, a chapel of ease to St. Kenelm, Sapperton, built in 1843, by Earl Bathurst, is of stone, and consists of nave with apse and a turret containing one bell: there are several stained windows and an organ: the chapel affords 180 sittings.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Frampton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Frampton)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Gloucestershire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Gloucestershire online:
- Gloucester Citizen
- Gloucester Journal
- Gloucestershire Chronicle
- Gloucestershire Echo
- Cheltenham Chronicle
- Cheltenham Looker-On
The Visitation of the county of Gloucester, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.