Seascale, a village in the SW of Cumberland, with a station on the Furness railway, 3 miles from Gosforth. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office (S.O.), and is a favourite summer resort for bathing and golfing. There is a chapel of ease, built in 1890.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Seascale are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
The Visitation of Cumberland, 1615 is available on the Heraldry page.