Sandycroft, a place in Saltney township, Hawarden parish, Flintshire, 4 miles W of Chester. It has a station on the Chester and Holyhead section of the L. & N.W.R., and a post office under Chester; money order and telegraph office, Hawarden. There are foundry and engine works.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Flintshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Sandycroft are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: