Pontybodkin, a village in Tryddyn parish, Flintshire, 4 miles S of Mold. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Mold. There are collieries, oilworks, and a Congregational chapel.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Flintshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Pontybodkin are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: