Ribton, a village and a township in Bridekirk parish, Cumberland, on the river Derwent, 5 miles W of Cockermouth, and half a mile from Manon Junction station on the L. & N.W.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Cockermouth. Acreage, 616; population, 23. The Earl of Lonsdale is lord of the manor. Ribton Hall, an ancient building, is now a farmhouse.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Cockermouth|
|Ward||Allerdale below Derwent|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ribton from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cumberland is available to browse.