Nerquis, a village, a township, and an ecclesiastical parish in Mold parish, Flintshire. The village stands 2½ miles S by W of Mold, and has a post office under Mold; money order and telegraph office, Mold. The township comprises 2318 acres; population, 741. Nerquis Hall was built by the Wynnes in 1683, and is now the seat of the Fletcher family. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1844. Population, 830. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Asaph; gross value, £105 with residence. Patron, the Vicar of Mold. The church is modern. There are Cal-vinistic Methodist and Wesleyan chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Holywell||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Flintshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: