Moel y Gaer, Flintshire
Moel-y-Gaer, a summit of the Halkin Mountains in Flintshire, 4 miles NNW of Mold. It has an altitude of 1050 feet, and is crowned by a well-preserved ancient British fortification, circular in form, 588 feet in diameter, and surrounded by a rampart.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Flintshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Moel y Gaer are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: