Maesygarmod, an ancient battlefield in the S of Flintshire, 1 mile W of Mold. The British Christians, under St Germanus, encountered the Saxons and Piets here in 448, advanced against them with a loud shout of " Alleluia," and gamed over them what is called the " Victoria Alleluiatica." A stone column in commemoration of the victory was erected on the field on 1736.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Flintshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: