Connahs Quay, Flintshire
Connah's Quay, a seaport village and an ecclesiastical parish in Northop parish, Flintshire. The village stands on the estuary of the Dee at the terminus of the Wrexham, Mold, and Connah's Quay railway, and has a station on the Chester and Holyhead section of the L. & N.W.R., and on the Cheshire Lines railway, 3 miles SE of Flint. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Flint. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1844. Population, 2477. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Asaph; the commutation of the tithe is £358, with residence. Patron, the Vicar of Northop.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Holywell||1896 - 1967|
|Registration district||Hawarden||1967 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Flintshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: