Brynford, a township in Holywell parish, and an ecclesiastical parish in Holywell and Ysceifiog parishes, Flintshire. The township lies 2 miles SE of Holywell. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1853. Post town, Holywell. Population of the ecclesiastical parish, 704. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Asaph; gross value, £200. Patron, the Bishop of St Asaph.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Holywell||1897 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Flintshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Brynford are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: