Broughton, a chapelry in Hawarden parish, Flintshire. 2 miles SE of Hawarden, and 5 SW of Chester. It has a station of the name of Broughton-Hall on the L. & N.W.R., and a post office under Chester; money order and telegraph office, Hawarden. Broughton Hall is a modern mansion occupying the site of an ancient one. Ecclesiastically belonging to Hawarden rectory, it has a beautiful church and parsonage house close to it for the curate in charge of the district.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Flintshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Broughton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: