Aston, a township in Hawarden parish, Flintshire, adjacent to Queen's Ferry station on the L. & N.W.R., near the river Dee, 1 mile N by W of Hawarden. The manor, with an ancient castle, was held by the Whitleys from the time of Edward III.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Flintshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Aston are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: