Woodford Wells, Essex
Woodford Wells is a consolidated chapelry, constituted in 1875, and a village in Woodford St Mary parish, Essex. There is a large metropolitan police station in the village. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans; gross value, £400. The church, erected in 1873-74 at a cost of £6000, is a building of stone in the Gothic style, consisting of chancel, nave, N transept, aisles, and S porch.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Essex is available to browse.
The Essex pages from the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 is online.
Online maps of Woodford Wells are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: