Thames Haven, Essex
Thames Haven, a place on the S verge of Essex, on the river Thames, and in Fobbing parish, 28 miles from London, and 3½ E by S from Stanford-le-Hope. The London, Tilbury, and Southend railway has a line to this place, branching from near Stanford-le-Hope, chiefly for the transport of cattle. There is a dock belonging to the company, used for unloading cattle from small vessels.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Essex is available to browse.
The Essex pages from the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 is online.
Online maps of Thames Haven are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: