Sewards End, Essex
Sewards End, a hamlet in Saffron Walden parish, Essex, 2 miles E of Saffron Walden. It has a chapel of ease, erected in 1847 and enlarged in 1870. The Taver is a chief residence, and stands in grounds of about 36 acres.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Essex is available to browse.
The Essex pages from the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 is online.
Online maps of Sewards End are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: