Peering, a village and a parish in Essex, on the river Blackwater and the G.E.R., 1¼ mile NE from Kelvedon station, and 2 miles SE of Ooggeshall, with a post office-under Kelvedon; money order and telegraph office, Kelvedon. Acreage, 3204; population of the civil parish, 747; of the ecclesiastical, 663. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans; net value, £211 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St Albans. The church is of the Tudor style,-with porch and tower, and has an antique font and a finely-carved pulpit.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Essex is available to browse.
The Essex pages from the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: