Old Ford, Essex
Old Ford, a metropolitan suburb in Stratford-le-Bow parish, Middlesex. The suburb lies on an ancient Roman road, on the river Lea, at the boundary with Essex, and on the North London and Great Eastern railways, a quarter of a mile N of Stratford-le-Bow, and 3½ miles ENE of St Paul's, and has stations on the railways, and post offices under London E. The East London waterworks, dyeworks, lucifer-match works, chemical works, and various manufactories are here; and immediately to the NW are Duckett's Canal and the Victoria Park.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Essex is available to browse.
The Essex pages from the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: