Little Saling, Essex
Saling, Little, or Baidfield Saling, a village and an ancient parish in Essex, near Pods Brook river, 4¼ miles NW from Rayne station on the Bishops Stortford and Braintree branch of the G.E.R., and 6½ NW from Braintree. Post town, Braintree via Great Saling; money order office, Great Saling; telegraph office. Great Bardfield. Acreage of the civil parish, 1198; population, 276; of the ecclesiastical, 260. The living is a donative vicarage in the diocese of St Albans; net value, £60. The church is a small but ancient building of flint and stone in the Decorated style, consisting of chancel, nave, S aisle, S porch, and lofty round western tower.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Essex is available to browse.
The Essex pages from the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: