High Beech, Essex
High Beech, an ecclesiastical parish in Waltham Abbey civil parish, Essex, in Epping Forest, 2 miles E of the boundary with Middlesex, 2 from Loughton railway station, and 2½ from Chingford. It was constituted in 1836, and it has a post office (S.O.) under Loughton; money order and telegraph office, Loughton. Acreage, 1500; population, 548. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans; gross yearly value, £200. Patron, the Bishop of St Albans. The church, which stands in the forest, was consecrated in 1883, and is a cruciform building of stone in the Gothic style.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Essex is available to browse.
The Essex pages from the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: