UK Genealogy Archives logo

Great and Little Potton, Essex

Historical Description

Potton, Great and Little, two islands in respectively Great Wakering and Little Wakering parishes, Essex, divided from each other and from Wallsea and Foulness Islands, and from the mainland only by narrow straits, extending jointly 3½ miles from NW to SE, and lying averagely 5¾ miles ENE of Southend.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Essex is available to browse.

The Essex pages from the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 is online.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: