Newtown, a village in Irthington parish, Cumberland, near the river Irthing, 2 miles NW of Brampton Junction station. on the N.E.R. Post town, Carlisle; money order and telegraph office, Brampton.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Brampton|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Newtown from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Newtown)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cumberland is available to browse.