Newton (Holme), Cumberland
Newton, a hamlet and a village in Holme St Cuthbert ecclesiastical parish, Cumberland, 5 miles from Abbey Town. station on the North British railway.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Newton (Holme) are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)