Witton Park, Durham
Witton Park, a parish taken out of Escomb parish, Durham, with a station on the N.E.R., and a post, money order, and telegraph office (R.S.O.) Population, 2554. There is a parish council consisting of eight members. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Durham; gross value, £300 with residence. Patron, the Crown and Bishop. The church is in the Gothic style, and consists of chancel, nave, and bell-cote. There are Roman Catholic, Baptist, Wesleyan, and Primitive Methodist chapels.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for County Durham is available to browse.
Online maps of Witton Park are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering county Durham online: