Waterhouses, an ecclesiastical parish in Brancepeth parish, Durham. It has a post and money order office under Durham; telegraph office, Esh New Winning. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1879. Population, 2906. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Durham; net value, £202 with residence. Patron, the Rector of Brancepeth.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for County Durham is available to browse.
Online maps of Waterhouses are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering county Durham online: