Toft Hill, Durham
Toft Hill, a village in Evenwood township, Durham, 2 miles from Evenwood station on a section of the N.E.R. Post town, Bishop Auckland. It has a Primitive Methodist chapel.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for County Durham is available to browse.
Online maps of Toft Hill are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering county Durham online: