Thornley (Wolsingham), Durham
Thornley, an ecclesiastical parish in Wolsingham parish, Durham, 1½ mile S of Tow Law railway station, and 13 miles from Durham. Post town, Tow Law (R.S.O.) Population, 1212. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Durham; gross value, £400. Patron, the Bishop of Chester. The church consists of chancel, nave, aisle, and tower with spire erected in 1892. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for County Durham is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering county Durham online: