Tantobie, a hamlet in Tanfield parish, Durham, 5 miles from Anfield Plain station on the N.E.R. It has a post and money order office (R.S.O.); telegraph office, Dipton.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ancient County||County Durham|
|Civil parish||Chester le Street|
|Poor Law union||Lanchester|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Tantobie from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for County Durham is available to browse.
Online maps of Tantobie are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering county Durham online: