Stanley (Tanfield), Durham
Stanley, a village in Tanfield township, Durham, 5 miles from Lanchester station on the N.E.R., and 1½ mile from Tanfield. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office, and is governed by a district council. There are Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan chapels, and a Roman Catholic school chapel.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for County Durham is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering county Durham online: