Seaham, New, Durham
Seaham, New, a colliery village, with a station, and an ecclesiastical parish in Seaham parish, Durham, 5 miles S of Sunderland. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Sunderland. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1859. Population, 4691. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Durham; gross value, £500 with residence. Patron, the Marquis of Londonderry. The church was built in 1861, and consists of chancel, nave, aisles, S porch, and a belfry. There are also a church mission room and two reading-rooms for the colliers.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for County Durham is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering county Durham online: